People suffering from varicose veins have also resembled small spider veins that images like a spider web. Generally, it is developed on the surface of the skin of the legs and face.
It generally projects in blue, purple, or red color. These ugly veins are needed to be eliminated as early as possible as they may spoil your overall appearance. For this, consult the best varicose vein doctor in New Jersey.
Varicose veins are grown up due to extra blood pressure in the veins. Usually, they are harmless. It may increase with age and is very common in the elder age. Also, it is a genetic trait that runs from generation to generation in the families.
What are the causes of varicose veins?
People are more likely to suffer this condition if they:
- Are suffering from obesity.
- Are expecting a baby.
- Have family records of the problem
- Have injured legs, or went for surgery, or previous blood clots
- Have poor circulation system in the legs
In addition, the other causes that are responsible for the abnormal growth of varicose veins may include:
- Raised blood pressure in the leg veins over time, due to sitting or standing for sustained periods
- Physically inactive
- Formation of a blood clot in a deep vein, often in the calf or thigh (deep vein thrombosis)
- Inflammation and growth of a vein close to the skin, often in the legs (phlebitis)
Once the veins start growing, they become worse from time to time and don’t go away on their own. If you start noticing them consult a vein specialist NJ for varicose vein treatment NJ.
There are various conservative vein treatment NJ options available that include:
- maintaining good hygiene,
- Losing weight.
- regular exercise especially walking.
- Dodging standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Even elevating legs while sitting and sleeping helps.
However, the most conservative option for treatment recommended by a varicose vein doctor in New Jersey is wearing proper fitting support hoses or compression stockings. These stockings are found in various styles and colors and are available at pharmacies.
They are available in various compressions ranging from 18 to 20 mmHg to 40-50 mmHg. They can be worn below or above the knee; but do remember that once developed, spider veins don't disappear even by wearing stockings.
Other treatment options:
Depending on your overall health condition and the size and location of veins, there are other treatments available suggested by vein specialist New Jersey.
- Sclerotherapy involves the injection of a concentrated solution of sodium chloride into veins to irritate and make them collapse. With time, these vessels turn into scar tissue and fade away.
- In laser vein treatment NJ, a focused beam of light is targeted to the blood pigment and heats and destroys the vein. As the light is focused, there is no damage to nearby skin tissue and after a month, the body reabsorbs the vein and disappears.
- Intense light therapy is a new spider vein treatment NJ that uses intense pulsed light to damage spider veins and small vascular birthmarks. This treatment is suggested by vein doctor Clifton when sclerotherapy and laser therapy do not help in treating the veins.
You can opt for any one of the treatment options if these unsightly veins are bothering you a lot.
Article Source : https://vip-medical-group.blogspot.com/2021/08/vein-treatments-which-one-suits-you-most.html